Breakfast Burrito (Recipe)
A breakfast burrito is a convenient way to enjoy your favorite breakfast fixings, and it’s easy to adjust to your preferences (or whatever you have in your kitchen).
Please excuse my terrible burrito-rolling skills.
(Most can be adjusted)
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 2-3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (or 1 slice of cheese) (I’ve mainly used Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium bell pepper
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 4-8 ounces of sausage (any sausage you might have; I’ve even used hot dogs)
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Fry the vegetables and sausage on medium heat.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. (This is just for convenience. You can skip this and just crack the eggs straight into the pan if you’re quick.)
- When the vegetables and sausage are mostly done cooking, add the eggs and stir. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the cheese and stir until the egg is solid and the cheese is melted.
- Add half of the filling onto a tortilla. Top with hot sauce to taste.
- Roll up the tortilla.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the other burrito and serve.
This post is also available on: Facebook